Looking for a checklist? SEO is valuable to your site. There are over 200 variables that Google and other search engines use to evaluate your site.
Recommended SEO checklist:
- Research good keywords for the domain and meta tags
- Use proper structure in design and layout
- Apply internal and backlinking strategies
- Decrease the load time to your site
- Use anchor text for hyperlinks
- Write good web content and add often
- Optimize your graphics and videos and use alt text
- Get involved in social media
- Apply Google Analytics to figure out what works and what doesn’t
- Use Google Webmaster Tools to correct crawl errors and broken links
Remember: It doesn’t stop here with this checklist! SEO is an ongoing process that always has room to improve. In order to build your site, you need to continue to develop good content and avoid errors that will hinder search engines from revisiting your site. If you have questions about any of these, leave a comment or contact us and we’ll be glad to help direct you with the best SEO strategy for your business!
Make your site SEO friendly then move ahead with other forms of internet marketing!