Have you ever asked this question?
Why do I need a website for my business?”
If you are a business owner and have done well for the last 10 years, you might never have bothered getting a website for your business. So, how do we respond to this question? Here is our answer…
The reason you want a website for your business involves the same decision you make to market your business with coupons, giving out business cards or placing ads in newspapers; to gain potential customers, increase sales and grow your business!
Here are five reasons why you need a website for your business:
- You can be “open” 24 hours a day!
- You can get ahead of your competitors through search engine optimization.
- You own your website vs solely using social media sites. (They can eliminate your content anytime!)
- You can have several “stores” (websites) and have more opportunities to be in search results.
- Millions of people are searching and shopping on the internet instead of using local stores.
If you have finally decided to create a website for your business, here are five basic internet marketing musts!
- Create a website with a SEO foundation.
- As a business, join popular social media websites such as: Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, and Google+.
- If you have an a physical storefront, add it to local directories such as Google local or Yahoo local.
- Ask clients to review your business on review websites such as Merchant Circle, Linkedin and Yelp.
- Measure your progress by using search engine analytics.
In this 21st century, there has been an explosion in social media, reviewing products online and getting the latest news updates! Don’t you think it’s time your businesss is found in users’ search results?