Question – How Do I Get a Better Listing in Search Engines?
Answer - BASICS Of INTERNET MARKETING – SEO
1) On page optimization – Tags (title description, keyword, headings, text, good navigation) along with a clear subject matter focus, calls to action, Google sitemaps and more….
2) Back links – Link exchanging. These can be links from other sites, blogs, and directories. This shows Google you are an authority in your field.
1) Multiple pages
• Google values pages with unique keywords, meta tags and content on a site with a related theme. One keyword (phrase) per page
• This allows you to have many different keywords (combinations of locations and services)
• This can be done by making unique static pages OR,
• Using a database system pages can be made for many cities, counties and states, without the cost of making separate static pages.
2) Multiple sites
• Normally Google only allows a site to be on the first page once. With multiple domains you can be on the first page many times.
• Keywords should be in the domains
• Sites can, and should look similar (for branding) – Existing designs can be utilized
• The text has to be unique; Google takes plagiarism seriously and will penalize what it considers duplicate content. Each site has to have unique content.
• Each site should be focused on one subject or theme. Financial advisor, wealth advisor, financial planner, etc.
• Sites should be hosted on different servers (the sites shouldn’t have the same IP address). This allows the sites to be linked together and not related.
• A valuable option is wordpress blog platform sites.
o Simple for the clients to update, make changes or add to at their convenience.
o No cost.
o They do very well in Google.
o 1000 FREE templates to choose from, 100′s of free plug-ins and add-ons. ALL FREE
3) Social Media Marketing and Other Forms of Internet Marketing
Social media marketing involved websites such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Youtube. Other areas you can market include: directories, profiles, press releases and articles.
Internet Marketing is like the billboards on the highway of marketing. The more billboards you have, the more people will see your business represented!!
Have questions? Contact us today!