Can you improve your marketing in 2010? Did you end well with your business in 2009? If not, you want to plan on making some marketing resolutions for 2010!
Many people do not have a budget for internet marketing in this economy. But there are some marketing resolutions any business can set up to do better with your customers in addition to potential customers.
Here are five marketing resolutions your business should put into practice:
1. Marketing Plan – Does your marketing plan consist of primarily print ads, television ads or radio ads? If so, you need to rethink the potential available in internet marketing. There are many different arenas of the web that can be marketed to meet the demands and information being sought right this very moment!
2. Your Website – Update your website and make sure it is optimized for search engines. Does your website help customers know what to do with a great call-to-action? With technology constantly changing, so do websites. Don’t think just because you own a website that you will get leads or that people will want to buy a product from you. There are specific ways to enhance and give value to your site!
3. Web Reports – Do you look at any type of monitoring of your website? Have you compared different versions or styles to see what works best with your customers? Do you get any type of analytics or reports to see what web pages are doing well and which need to be changed? If not, track and measure your website and make modifications to get better results.
4. Social Media – Like it or not, social media is here and still growing every day! Do you have a presence in sites such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn or Youtube? If not, there is a way to do this successfully with social media optimization and engaging with your customers.
5. Listen – The key to Social Media is listening to your customers. Today’s businesses have become lax in this area. Not only do you need a web presence, but to do the job well, you need to listen to what people are saying and change the situation to build integrity, trust, and RELATIONSHIPS. Organizations fail in this important area of social media. Don’t be another company to contribute to this problem!
If you do any of these marketing resolutions, you are going to benefit and see results in 2010. Don’t be afraid to try and test this out. Don’t be a wimp and sit there and say, “Yeah, I need to do that some day!”
Be one step ahead of the rest! Connect and market to the people who want to purchase your products! Enjoy your customers, build new customers and see results in 2010.
Have a Great and Happy New Year!